Hi Everyone! There are some exciting events in early October you should check out.
One of our favorite events! Join your neighbors and enjoy free music in one of our beautiful local parks. Bring your kids, friends, neighbors! Don’t forget your chairs and blankets! Pack a picnic or plan to buy a meal at a food truck (TBA).
Back by popular demand, it’s the Delta Sonics Blues Band headlining our event.
5pm – free yoga, hosted by Better Buzz Yoga
6pm – opening band
6:45pm – Delta Sonics Blues Band
Fox Island Update – Chandler Van Schaak from Denver CPD member gave an update on the 41 st & Fox Stattion – many completions around bike /ped bridges and lanes.
– Major steps to still go – issues around parking – min/max parking. There are some major challenges to this project – deficient roadways, missing multi modal infrastructure, difficulty to create new roadway connections, limited right of way. Aggressive parking management and Travel demand management (TDM) will be the key tools to manage the area.
– Tentative completion of the “Next Step Study” – Jan 2020 – this study will give recommendation to the city of how it can accomplish its goals about this project.
– Also, Rules and regulations will be adopted by Nov’18.
– There will be zoning overlay that will apply for this area, to set forth max amount of parking allowed for new developments ( instead of parking minimums).
– Parking and curb lane management various strategies, like time limits, paid parking, parking permits, passenger loading , car share, bike parking
Denver CPD will follow patterns and document demand once the station opens, and will then enforce rules. Ex: If a street is occupied by more than 75% of non residents, there will be some kind of rule applied – they document occupancy at 3 am, and then at 9 am to determine usage.
The Public review of the Maximum Parking limits will be a place where the public can provide input about concerns and suggestions in connection to these plans. – 11-14-18
3947 Zuni Street Appeal for an ADU – didn’t show up
Leaver Market Update – construction started this week. Leever supermarkets have been around for 80 years, employee owned company. Store concept – create a community hub for foodies.Looking to open late 4Q18-early 1Q19, be established by Spring’19. They are a discount grocery store, and will try to offer competitive pricing. They are planning to host Farmers Market in the parking lot.
Xcel Tower Update – on the Agenda
Overlay project review – Kathrine gave an update of the Overlay meeting which happened earlier this month.
– Height limits is one of the things that will be an issue to agree upon.
– 44th should be off the table to get to the Transit station, it will probably be 46th or 47th.
– The other thing that came out of the meeting is green space, and concerns about it – we need to see much more green space.
– The redevelopment of the DHA property will give us some options to consolidate green space, and preserve density of building. ULI ( Urban Land Institute) is working with DHA on how to utilize the space best, and has made some good recommendations. ULI will finish their study by 2020, and DHA is looking at a timeline past that, about 5 year time frame from now.
– SUNI PCDC should be done with the overlay suggestions and a Draft by Dec, and then submit to the city in Jan’19. And then it will probably take 6-8 months to generate the actual maps overlay by the city.
– There will be another project initiated by the city, called – the Neighborhood Planning Initiative, that will be happening after the Overlay project is completed.
– It will be great to get a feed back on how to run the next workshop sessions
Upcoming Overlay Workshops (6pm): Sep 26 – Main street corridors; Oct 24 – Residential
LOCATION: DISTRICT 1 POLICE STATON, 1311 W 46th Ave, Community Meeting Room (off the lobby)
7:00 p.m. – Come to order
• 4500 Jason Street – Craft Manufacturing Development Plans – Emmett Harrison
• 4100 Jason Street – Waldschanke Ciders – John Dufresne
• Updates as needed: Xcel Tower, Globeville Stormwater project, 14er Brewery
• Any new business or topics from residents
8:30 p.m. – Adjourn
NOTE – We will be having a dedicated supplementary meeting for the Overlay Project next week – date and location TBD
Please take a few minutes to share your opinion to help us refine our East Sunnyside Vision Plan, as a part of the SUNI PCD committee.The more perspectives and input we have the better. So please share your thoughts, and share the link with any of your neighbors, on Facebook, via email, however you want!
East Sunnyside has begun to experience and will continue to experience significant re-development over the next few years as the 41st & Fox Station begins service in the Fall of 2016. Noted in Blueprint Denver as an “Area of Change,” this small area plan is intended to inform the community and City of Denver of the neighborhood’s vision for this small area of the larger Sunnyside Neighborhood.
As you know, Sunnyside is connected to the lightrail station at 41st and Fox via the pedestrian bridge. In order to activate our stop, we encourage you to sign this petition: http://chn.ge/2a3o8MV
Currently, only the Gold line to Arvada will be stopping at the 41st and Fox station. The B line to Westminster will be passing through. We consider the more access to routes connecting our neighborhood to others, the better. Please encourage your RTD representatives to consider adding a stop to the B line at 41st and Fox.